Getting started and Covid secure
We, along with many other people involved in live events, are thrilled that we can once again hold shows without restrictions, it has been a desperately hard year and a half and there were times when we feared for our future. However, the virus has not gone away and will continue to present a threat to health, so with the dropping of all restrictions comes responsibility. The government has effectively handed that responsibility to us and we have to recognise that, while there are many people who can’t wait to get back to normal, there are many that are doubtful and even fearful. So, we are going to take things a little more gradually.
As we stated in a previous newsletter, we are going to continue with limits on capacity for the remaining two shows of our summer, on 30th July and 20th August, which will enable many more people to get double vaccinated, reducing the chance of transmission. We are also asking people to observe some simple mitigation measures to show consideration to other gig goers and club staff just for the time being.
Six ways to enjoy a safe visit to The Live Room at Caroline Street Social Club…
1. Under no circumstances, if you are showing any Covid symptoms should you be even thinking of going to a show, similarly if you believe you have been in close contact with someone with Covid. If you are suffering from Covid symptoms or fear you may be an infection risk and therefore shouldn’t attend, we will offer you a refund or exchange on your ticket.
2. Before coming to one of our events, we recommend that you do everything you can to make sure that you personally are not infectious. You can do this by:
-Taking a lateral flow test
To be clear, we don’t believe that we should operate a policy of excluding you from our venue because you haven’t done those things and we will not be operating a certification or passport model to enter our shows. There are lots of reasons for this, not least the large numbers of people who have not had the opportunity for both vaccines and vulnerable people who cannot be vaccinated. But you, personally, can make sure you aren’t adding to anyone’s risk by keeping your record of immunity up to date, getting vaccinated when you are able and/or taking a free lateral flow test before you come.
3. We are going to continue to wear masks when we are moving about during our events. We also encourage our audience to continue to wear a mask on entry and when moving around if you are able to do so, however we will not be enforcing this or making it a term of entry. We know that wearing a mask is not a pleasant experience and we hate wearing them ourselves, but the scientific evidence shows that masks work to help stop transmission, so please try to be considerate of others.
4. Anyone who has visited us since we got up and running again, knows that we have been cleaning and sanitising all contact surfaces between performances and we will continue to do this. Sanitising units remain around the building, and we ask you to please play your part in keeping the building clean from contact risk by regularly washing your hands and using the sanitiser.
5. We will be keeping doors open before, after and between performances to enable the air in the room to circulate and we will also be opening doors at the end of performances to minimise any queueing to leave. We will encourage people to leave in as orderly a manner as possible.
6. Screens will remain at the bar areas, to help protect staff as the club moves back to bar service. We strongly encourage you to use contactless/cards if you are able to do so and limit cash payments as much as possible. Again, we won’t be enforcing this, but would like to keep as few contacts as we can.
Finally, please remember other people may hold different views to you so please be kind to one another. We hope you will support us and the club in our efforts to run safe and enjoyable events.
The Live Room is located in Caroline Social Club, Caroline Street in the World Heritage village of Saltaire in West Yorkshire. The club is an extremely valuable community resource, a bastion for community activities currently providing home to an eclectic mix of people with interests ranging from dancing, acting, play writing, bingo, live music & the arts.
You do not have to be a member of The Live Room or Caroline Social Club to attend shows – we are open to the public!
The Live Room presents the very best live folk, roots and acoustic music. It’s our booking policy to feature a challenging and stimulating mix of artists, some with world-wide reps, some cult heroes, others up-and-coming, but all outstanding in their field.
Most shows are all seated, but do be aware that those featuring some of the bigger names from the world of folk and roots may be part, or even all, standing. We will put this information on the show page. Limited reserve seating is available for Chorus Members only.
If you are registered disabled and need a seat or wheelchair space, use our contact page to let us know.
Children and young people are encouraged to come along to shows. Under 11s come in free and 11-16 are half price. 11-16 tickets are available on the gig pages or use the contact us page to let us know if you have a young person under 11 coming along.
The Live Room is the creation of Ron and Hilary, both experienced music promoters, who, for ten years were the driving force behind the highly successful Live at the Talbot series at the Talbot Hotel in Tregaron, West Wales. The list of acts that appeared at the Talbot was long and varied, and included some great names, such as Gary US Bonds; Albert Lee; Big Bill Morganfield; Chip Taylor; Duke Special; and many others. We bring this same ethos to The Live Room @ Caroline Social Club to make it the best regular folk and roots music venue in Bradford. If you have a suggestion for an artist to play here, do get in touch. We can’t promise that we’ll be able to present them, but we’ll consider all ideas.
Behringer X32: 40-Input, 25-Bus Digital Mixing Console with 32 Programmable Midas Preamps, 25 Motorized Faders, Channel LCD’s, 32-Channel Audio Interface and iPad/iPhone* Remote Control
Front Of House Speakers
2 x 400 Watt Mackie Active SRM450s 2 x 600 Watt Mackie Active SRS 1500 Subwoofers
6 x 300 Watt RCF Active ART 300As
The club has a limited lighting set up, with two spots directed centre front. The Live Room supplies four 300 watt LED par cans to give the stage some warmth!
Microphones & DI’s
1 x Neumann KMS105; 1 x Neumann KMS104 plus;
3 x Shure SM58; 1 x Shure Beta58;
2 x Sennheiser E935;
3 x Shure SM57; 3 x Shure Beta57;
2 x Shure SM81;
3 x AKG D 3700;
1 x AKG D112;
7 piece Audio-Technica Pro Series Drum Set;
3 x Peavey passive DIs; 3 x Behringer Active DIs; 2 x BSS AR-130 Active DIs;
10 x Long boom stands; 5 x KLM short telescopic boom stands; 1 x KLM stand for kick drum
The Live Room has a total capacity of 300 all standing and 160 seated. We can also provide a mix of both. The room is fully air conditioned.