Tech Tips For Viwers
We want everyone to enjoy the experience of the live streamed shows, although we understand it isn’t all a level playing field; different people will have different equipment. So here are a few tips that may help. This is a new world for everyone, including us, so we’re open to other tips too!
- Clear your cache – if you don’t know how to, just Google how to clear my cache in [whichever browser you are using]
- Check your broadband speed – this can be done by going to www.broadbandspeedtest.org.uk, www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk or there are a number of others
- Wifi should be fine for watching streams, but If your wifi is not great and there are a number of other devices connected to it, turn them off if possible
- If you connection is still not good , if possible, connect directly to one of your router ethernet ports, using a CAT 5 or above network cable Male RJ45/Male RJ45. If you haven’t got one, you can buy one online pretty cheaply
- When you get to the stream page, you can select the full screen option in the bottom right hand corner of the stream window
- When watching on your pc or laptop, your listening experience will be enhanced by having some speakers attached. It may also be possible to stream on your smart TV using an HDMI cable if your laptop and TV have the HDMI connectors